QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Glories

The third block for the Linda Brannock quilt is "Glories" and more recognizeable as a real flower than the previous block.  Cathy has her block posted and you can see it here.


I made a small quilt for a swap hosted on  the Facebook group "Prim Folk Art Quilts".  The theme for the swap was "flowers" and measuring between 15 to 20 inches on a side.  My quilt arrived to the recipient so I can now share a picture.


I used a block design from an older pattern.  It was a pattern from the 2002 Liberty Gatherings in Missouri.  A friend gifted me the pattern.  The teachers at the venue all designed a block for a patriotic garden theme.  Most of the block patterns noted which designer it belonged to.  This particular one did not.  Two other patterns also lacked a designer name.  Joined at the Hip had designed a pattern but none were attributed to them so I am guessing that is who it came from.

For me, the interesting thing about the swap is that I received a person's name that I did not know but she lives in the area where I was born and raised.  The smaller size town right next to mine.

I am busy making placemats.  I will share a picture after I get the quilting and binding done.  I am getting close.  They are going to be hard to give away as I like them very much.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. Your Glories block is beautiful. I love the background striped fabric. Your swap quilt is wonderful. I wish I was the recipient. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both blocks are lovely. Really like your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swap partner is lucky to receive that beautiful little quilt! Your new flower block is pretty; I love morning glories. Your block in your header picture is very striking. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt and I am sure she loved it. I do like using the older patterns and redoing them in small pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flower block and the little quilt is adorable. I'm sure the recipient will be so happy. Small world, huh?

    Can't wait to see the placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your header block--as I love birdhouses and have loved them for a long time now!! and I love the other two blocks that you stitched--you always do an awesome job on the applique--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Glories block. Those star centers look like they might be challenging to applique, but you will probably say they were not. : )
    Interesting coincidence about your swap partner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful flower block you have made.
    I also find the picture of the birdhouses as beautiful at the top of your blog!
    Greetings,
    Floor

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "Glories" block is so satisfying. I love the subtle blue you used for the flowers, it is so soft. The little quilt is terrific. I wish I could swap with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen que bonito bloque.
    ¡¡¡ me encanta !!!
    El edredón de intercambio es precioso
    Buen domingo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've often wondered what you do with all your little quilts! Thanks for providing the info for your header quilt. Off to try to find the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think that morning glories block is my favorite thus far. Sweet little swap quilt and neat story about the recipient....it's a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH I love your block and the gift!!!! Hands please hurry and get well, and 2018, please be kind! Great work Karen. I am hanging in there, sadly watching all my blogger friends get so far ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your block and gifty quilt! Very sweet. I love folky flowers :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling little quilt! The flower block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful quilt and I am sure she loved it. I do like using the older patterns and redoing them in small pieces.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete